There’s always room for improvement. Two-Minute Reads are a free tool you and your organization can use just for that reason.
1. Ask the individual to meet at their earliest convenience. Name the issue.
2. At the meeting, thank them for coming. Name the issue again.
3. Select a specific example that illustrates the behavior or situation you want to change.
4. Describe your emotions about this issue.
5. Clarify what is at stake.
6. Identify your contribution to this problem.
7. Indicate your wish to resolve this issue.
8. Invite your partner to respond.
9. Brainstorm options for the best way forward.
10. Resolve to work together to initiate the next steps and thank the individual.
Source: Scott, Susan. Fierce Conversations.
CLI provides coaching, training, and strategic planning services to help your business grow. Our expert, research-based design and facilitation skills will help develop more effective individual contributors, leaders, managers and supervisors, or strengthen teams and collaborative groups. We bring in the best content expertise and blend it with your culture and specific needs.
For more Two-Minute Reads, go to corplearning.com/resources/two-minute-reads
Love this Two-Minute Read? Download it here: How to Resolve Conflict One Conversation at a Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 800.203.6734
[callout type=”left” title=”Improve Your Performance at Work” message=”Download Our Free Two Minute Read eBook” button_text=”Download eBook” href=”https://corplearning.com/download-new-ebook/”]